Today, many people spend a lot of time and money just to improve the whiteness of their teeth. Most of these individuals are those who often face people in their day-to-day activities, and they want to make a good impression. Even with regular tooth brushing and flossing, there are stains in the teeth that are just too difficult to take away.
If you love coffee, tea and other drinks, it won’t be long until you notice discoloration of your teeth. This is only natural because the colors from these beverages get in contact with the surface of the teeth. Sometimes, when this happens, these liquids leave stains that cannot be cleaned easily. The only solution to this problem is teeth whitening.
However, for the longest time, teeth whitening is a process that has been considered expensive and time consuming. Not everyone has the time to visit the dentist often, nor has everyone the money to spend for such a procedure.
Fortunately, there are a number of teeth whitening products that work, even without the help of a dentist. Because of the emergence of these products, teeth whitening at home is now possible. The question now is where to find a teeth whitening kit that will work for you.
Why teeth whitening strips can be harmful
Before going through the details of natural teeth whitening, it is good to know the disadvantages of using the conventional strips to whiten your teeth. Strips are very popular because people believe they work. However, experts say that consumers are being misled because companies do not disclose all the substances they use. Neither do they list down the possible risks of overuse. So yes, the strips that you can buy from pharmacies and other stores do work, but at what cost?
Teeth whitening strips are made of polyethylene, which is a flexible plastic that molds on the teeth, and fits in tiny crevices where stains linger. The strips also have gel treatment of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which cleans the teeth. These substances work with the moisture inside the mouth in order to break down stains that get stuck in the enamel of the tooth, resulting to whiter teeth.
Unfortunately, most people are not aware of its possible negative effects. Here are some negative effects that teeth whitening strips can do:
- Cause gum irritation – If the strips are placed too high that they touch the gums, there can be pain and gum irritation. The gums can be inflamed under these circumstances.
- Toothache and tooth translucency – Continuous use of whitening strips can make the teeth brittle and translucent. These may also cause toothache because the substances in the strips are slowly reducing the strength of the enamels.
- Enamel damage – If not used properly, strips may damage the enamel, revealing the dentin, which is not white. This simply means the effect of strips may be reduced the longer you use them.
The American Dental Association (ADA) says most people who experience negative effects due to teeth whitening strips are due to the fact that they did not seek dental advice. There is also the danger of overusing them because they like the whitening effects too much.
The bigger problem with these potential damages is that they are permanent. Once your teeth have been damaged due to these strips, you may not be able to regain white and healthy teeth anymore.
If you want to whiten your teeth the naturally, there are other options you may try that do not come with negative effects.
Top natural teeth whitening products to try
Most of the time, the best teeth whitening products are those that are derived straight from Mother Nature. This means they do not have any artificial or harmful substances that could cause more harm than good to your teeth.
If you want to make sure that you achieve whiter teeth without any risk of damage, injury or irritation, here are the top three teeth whitening procedures you should try.
Baking soda and lemon or strawberries – Baking soda has natural cleansing properties, which can help take out the stains in your teeth. In addition, lemon and strawberries have vitamin C, which is effective in brushing away plaque and stains.
Here is how you do it:
- Mix in a bowl a freshly squeezed lemon or strawberry and pour a small amount of baking soda.
- Make sure you take away saliva and other fluids from your teeth before applying.
- Dip a regular toothbrush to the mixture and use it to brush your teeth gently.
- Leave the mixture on your teeth for about a minute.
- Rinse very well. Repeat at least once every few days. Never let the mixture stay on your teeth for more than a minute.
With the cleansing properties of both baking soda and lemon or strawberry, the stains would soften and be taken off from the surface of your teeth.
Turmeric – Turmeric is a member of the ginger family, and has all the family’s antioxidant effects. But in addition, this ‘superfood’ also consists of nutrients that improve dental and oral health. It also has properties that can stop gingival inflammation, and even relieve dental pain.
Here’s how to use turmeric as a teeth whitening kit:
- Prepare a small bowl with turmeric powder. This particular ginger powder can be bought from stores. Make sure you are buying organic turmeric powder.
- Wet your toothbrush and dip it in the turmeric powder. Brush normally just as you would with regular toothpaste. However, do not rinse right away. Let the turmeric stay on your teeth for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse away the turmeric and brush your teeth using your regular toothpaste.
There may be instances wherein some of the turmeric would stick on your teeth. Don’t worry because it can easily be removed by a tooth soap, or by brushing your teeth once more. After all the turmeric has been removed, you will notice a brighter smile.
Activated charcoal – The third and last natural teeth whitener is charcoal. However, it’s not just any kind of charcoal you can get from the barbecue grill. Also referred to as activated carbon, this product is naturally absorbent. For many years, it has been used in hospitals to take away poisons, drugs, and other harmful chemicals from the body.
Now, activated charcoal is becoming more popular in dental and oral hygiene. People who want to achieve a pearly white smile have reported through various online media channels that activated charcoal really works. Its porous surface enables it to absorb stains and other particles from the tooth surface, and keep them from getting stuck again.
If you are interested in using activated charcoal for teeth whitening, here is how:
- Get activated charcoal powder from a reputable provider. Activated charcoal is usually sold in the market in powder or capsule form. There are also some businesses that offer a paste-like form.
- Rinse your mouth first. Before using the charcoal powder, make sure you wet your teeth or rinse your mouth to minimise friction between the powder and the surface of your teeth.
- Use a toothbrush and brush gently. Brush the surfaces of your teeth in small, gentle strokes.
- Rinse your mouth. After brushing, rinse your mouth thoroughly because it will be almost entirely black.
In recent years, teeth whitening reviews have proven that activated charcoal is indeed effective in taking away stains caused by coffee, tea and sodas from the teeth. While the procedure may be messy, continuous brushing for a few weeks would definitely show great results.
The best teeth whitening product that works
As you may have observed, natural teeth whitening procedures are possible and easy to do, as long as you know how to do them. In case you are searching for the best option available today, you may want to try Warpaint natural teeth whitening.
Announced and released in the market several years ago, this activated charcoal product has impressed thousands of users who have proven its undeniable effects. This teeth whitening product consists of all natural ingredients, which mean there are no risks of any side effects whatsoever.
Warpaint natural teeth whitening powder contains the following substances:
- Activated coconut shell charcoal
- Organic orange peel
- Organic peppermint
- Organic lemon myrtle
With the use of Warpaint, teeth whitening has never been this easy!
Solve teeth whitening problems with Warpaint
Teeth whitening is something that most people want to have, but cannot afford because the safe ones are very expensive. Meanwhile, some people resort to cheap teeth whitening strips and solutions that provide more damages than benefits in the long run.
So what do you do now?
Good thing there are natural teeth whiteners that are not expensive, but are as effective without the risks. Baking soda, lemon, strawberries and turmeric all come from natural sources, and enable you to have a worry-free teeth whitening procedure.
Warpaint activated charcoal, on the other hand, is on an entirely different level as it has been proven by countless reviews how it takes away stains, solves teeth discoloration, and retains the pearly white glow that every tooth should have.