Having healthy eating habits are essential to ensure one’s health and well-being. However, eating healthy foods can be a dreary and boring endeavor as some plant-based foods can seem tasteless and unappetising. One would think it is easier to just give up and go back to eating anything they want, especially unhealthy food so long as they don’t taste bland. However, this is not always true most of the time as there are foods that are nutritious yet taste delicious and appetising to one’s stomach. It is for this reason that Superfoods were produced and made available to consumers so it is easier for people to maintain a healthy diet on a regular basis whilst eating tasty and rich-flavoured superfoods.
What are Superfoods?
A Superfood is mostly plant-based food that contains a rich amount of nutrients that is great for keeping one’s health in check. These are typically richly packed with vitamins and minerals to help discourage diseases and sickness and be able to live a healthier as well as longer life. Based on studies, this help prevents the growth of cancer cells in the body which can be quite deadly if ignored. There are many foods that are considered super foods; some popular ones are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, fibre and phytochemicals.
The Best Superfoods are organically grown with the highest quality of natural and pure ingredients that offers a lot of vitamins and nutrients. Many companies who value the importance of nutrition and living a healthy lifestyle such as Superfoods Australia offer many options to their consumers, so we can choose what super foods we prefer to include on in our diet. Superfoods can also contribute to keeping one’s skin radiant and youthful. The regular consumption of these nutritious foods will indeed keep your skin and beauty in remarkable health.
Get to Know Some of the Most Popular Plant Superfoods
- Kale – Is considered by some as the no. 1 superfood due to the many health benefits it provides. It contains a great load of phytonutrients including flavonoids and glucosinolates which helps ward off cardiovascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and asthma, reduce the chances of certain types of cancer, prevent premature ageing as well as maintain a healthy urinary tract. Kale is a great source of antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, quercetin and kaempferol. It is also considered as a vegetable which contains very high ORAC rating, which is the ability of food to scavenge and neutralise free radicals. It is for this reason that this vegetable is a good superfood to combat damaging free radicals and to keep your skin beautiful and youthful.
- Blueberries – Is one of the most popular super food since they are rich in phytochemicals, soluble fibre, manganese as well as vitamins. Cranberries and strawberries contain a similar amount of nutrients. A study that involved some participants who have included blueberries and strawberries in their diet have been found to have less
- Kiwifruit – This superfood was originally coined Chinese gooseberry. It is considered one of the most nutritionally dense fruits and is also rich in vitamins and minerals. Many studies have proven that these fruits help in weight loss, good digestion and asthma. It is rich in essential vitamins especially vitamin C and vitamin K. The latter is often found missing in people’s diet which is essential for normal blood clotting as well as other bodily functions. A cup of Kiwi fruit contains more potassium compared to bananas with calories and sugar.
- Whole grains, beans and oats – Beans are known to be rich in insoluble fibre which is good for lowering cholesterol. It also contains vitamins as well as trace minerals which are usually lacking in our diet. Whole grains contain nutrients that help boost your metabolism and energy. Those who would like to avoid carbs and still maintain a satisfying diet altogether should consider eating whole grains. According to studies, these help you lose weight and reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. Oats are rich in beta-glucan soluble fibre which is known to reduce abnormality of cholesterol in the blood and assist in optimum bowel functions.
- Salmon – Is mostly preferred for those who need to reduce their risk in heart ailments and stroke as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, as well as vitamin D. Previous studies have shown that eating salmon at least twice a week lowers the triglyceride levels found in men and women who have weight problems. In addition, it helps improve one’s mood and reduce inflammation.
- Ginger – Has quite a good and long reputation for medicinal benefits for a thousand years. Since it contains Gingerol, it helps reduce the risk of cancer, specifically bowel cancer and assists in boosting your immune system to ward off infection.
- Broccoli – It contains plant compounds that help reduce the risk of mouth, throat and bladder cancers. This is due to a potent plant compound known as Isothiocyanates which is found in Broccoli. It also contains other nutrients such as insoluble and soluble fibre, folate, vitamin A, calcium and vitamin C.
- Nuts and seeds – Although high in calories, it is considered a high energy-dense source that is rich in healthy fats, concentrated protein, fibre, minerals and vitamins which is why it is recommended to control the number of nuts you consume and to choose shelled nuts instead, which will take time to pop open and slow down your intake.
- Tea – It is rich in flavonoid antioxidants which help boost elasticity in the blood vessels as well as reducing chances of hardening the arteries due to cholesterol deposits. It is recommended to drink tea 3x at most per day to help you improve your mood and help you feel more relaxed due to the amino acid, L-theanine it contains and reduce dangers of cardiovascular ailments.
- Tomato – It helps reduce the risk of chronic diseases, specifically prostate cancer as it is rich in lycopene which helps ward off damaging free radicals. Cooking tomatoes allow for better consumption of its healthy compounds to improve overall health.
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potato is a versatile root vegetable which is packed with healthy nutrients and sweet flavour including vitamins A, C and fibre. It is known for to reduce the risk of cancer, boost the immune system and prevent other diseases. It is a great option for those suffering from asthma and arthritis.
The Evolution of Superfoods
The term Superfood also pertains to packed or bottled powder, supplements and other foods derived from natural and organic plants or fruits which contain high levels of vitamins and nutrients compared to a single plant or vegetable. These types of superfood provide a convenient and economical way of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Love Thyself offers some of the best superfoods available in the market. Our super food range includes organic plant-based powders, oil or liquid supplements, condiments and more. These are superfoods Australia made that are sure to supply your health and beauty the proper nutrition it needs to keep you healthy and energetic.
It is quite a challenge to cook leafy greens daily but with these type of superfoods that are made available as powders or liquid supplements, consumers are provided with more choices as well as options to maintain their healthy diet. These can be mixed with your favourite dishes, beverages, smoothies, yogurt and soup to create a more delicious and satisfying superfood.
As for the typical cost of this organic goodness, you’ll be happy to know that they are quite affordable and economical. Most supply can last for days or even months depending on the quantity of intake which offers a lot of conveniences, especially for busy folks. Now it is easier to maintain a diet that promotes optimal health and well-being with these healthy snacks, organic powdered supplements, antioxidant-rich chocolates and more.
The shelf-life of these superfoods is remarkable as they can last longer than the vegetables and fruits you keep in your fridge. No need to worry about wasting unused foods with these! These are organic and 100% pure that anyone can easily stack on their shelves and daily. It is easier now to obtain the nutrition you need to keep yourself fit and healthy.
You can supercharge your diet with some of the superfoods that we have available here on our website such as chlorella powder, spirulina powder, organic chocolates, vegan cooking condiments, organic turmeric latte, Slippery Elm Max, Black Seed Oil, Acai Berry Powder, organic wheat grass, yacon root powder, raw coconut oil, Camu Camu powder, coconut sugar, supergreens powder, cacao powder, apple cider vinegar, maca powder and more.
Pick from reliable producers that provide only the best quality superfoods including Purely Black, NuFerm, NTS Health, Bragg, Alter Eco, Planet Organic, Synergy Organic, Hab Shifa, Amazonia, Power Super Foods, Vida Glow, Matakana, MiSMo, Barnes, Eden Health Foods, Every Bit Organic Raw and so much more.
You can count on Love Thyself with your dietary needs and we are certain that keeping your diet filled with superfoods you need, will ensure a healthy life.