Many people want to achieve the perfect look – no pimples, no blemishes, no dry skin. Unfortunately, this is almost impossible to achieve, especially with the current state of environment we are in. The moment you go outside to go to work your face will immediately face pollution, which is among the main causes for acne and an oily face. Stress is also another factor that contributes to dry, oily, and even ugly skin.
In order to address these issues, health and beauty manufacturers have begun releasing products that can take away the oil from your face, make your skin peel, and achieve the ‘perfect look.’ Unfortunately, most of these products provide empty promises, and in most cases their claimed effects and benefits do not apply to everyone.
In addition, most beauty products in the market today are composed of synthetic substances and chemicals. If your skin is sensitive, then these items may not help you at all.
Is there a more natural way to healthier skin?
Fortunately, beauty product makers have discovered a more natural way to achieve a healthy skin. ‘Natural’ means it came directly from nature, and it does not contain any artificial substances and chemicals to complete it.
What is Rosehip Oil?
This oil is an extract that comes from the hip of a specific type of rose, Rosa aff. rubiginosa or Rosa moschata. Once a rose has shed all of its petals and left a small fruit its seeds are the perfect source of the extracted oil.
According to research and studies, rosehip oil has been around for thousands of years. It was used by ancient civilisations such as the Egyptians and Mayans in keeping their skin healthy and glowing. Even then, they already knew the different benefits and healing properties that rosehip oil possesses. Its efficiency in skin care is said to be comparable to coconut oil, which has long been considered among the best natural skin care products.
What Makes Rosehip Oil for Skin Effective?
Indeed, rosehip oil comes from a specific species of rose, but what makes it so special? Based on findings and research, this oil extract contains a variety of substances that can be helpful not only for the skin, but health in general.
Based on research, rosehip oil contains high amounts of Vitamins A, C, D, and E, as well as B-carotene. All of these nutrients are essential in providing a healthy and glowing skin. Because of this, rosehip is also a good option in treating other conditions aside from skin care.
Antioxidants are agents found in some seeds and berries that help fight free radicals. Whenever your body is stressed, exposed to pollution, or very tired, your cells generate free radicals that contain toxic substances. The job of antioxidants is to keep these free radicals away from your cells to prevent damaging them and causing diseases.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFA)
Fatty acids are good for the body, but when they are referred to as ‘essential,’ then that means they are vital for the body’s regular functions. Rosehip oil has a ton of these essential fatty acids particularly oleic, palmitic, linoleic and gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Moreover, it contains Rosehip oil contains EFAs that can aid in cellular membrane and tissue regeneration.
These three major substances alone make rosehip oil a must-have for health and beauty enthusiasts who want to enjoy its benefits.
Counting Down the Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Knowing about the composition of rosehip oil allows you to understand the possibilities and capabilities of this seed extract. So now you know the nutrients and substances that make up rosehip oil, here are some of its proven benefits:
1. Has Anti-Aging Properties – Today, people are all clamoring to look younger and age better. That is why a lot of individuals try to hide their age. Fortunately, rosehip oil helps in keeping the skin young and fresh. As pointed above, some substances in rosehip oil can help regenerate damaged tissues and cells.
2. Helps Clear Age Spots and Blemishes – What’s the second worse thing after pimples? Pimple scars, right? Even if you don’t have pimples, you look like you do when viewed from a distance. Good thing rosehip oil can clear these spots and blemishes that make your face imperfect. It has substances that help renew the layers of your skin.
3. Helps Treat Some Skin Diseases – The problem with most skin diseases is that they damage the skin permanently, leaving it older than it actually is. Good thing rosehip oil can handle this as well. Aside from cleaning and clearing your face from acne and blemishes, rosehip oil extract can also help in treating certain skin diseases. If you have eczema or some other skin disease, rosehip oil can help you.
4. Provides Additional Boost to the Immune System – Do you often get colds, cough and other types of viral diseases? If so, then rosehip can help you prevent such illnesses. Due to its rich Vitamin C content, rosehip oil is a great source of
immunity boost for the body.
5. Reduces Inflammation Caused by Arthritis – Arthritis comes to almost anyone, although most people who experience it are in their mid 40s and 50s. While there are mild cases, there are also situations wherein the arthritis is so bad that the individual is unable to do basic tasks like walking, jumping, and going up and down the stairs. In such cases, applying a small amount of rosehip oil near the inflamed joints may help alleviate the pain. On the other hand, you may add the oil extract into a cup of tea.
6. Provides Relief in Diarrhea, Menstrual Cramps – Back in the day, rosehip oil was made into syrup that helped treat the diarrhea and stomach cramps of children. Just remember that you will need a special rosehip extract that can be made into syrup.
7. Helps Prevent Dandruff – Do you have dandruff problems? Are you getting tired of your dandruff flakes that do not seem to go away? In that case, you may want to use anti-dandruff shampoos that contain natural rosehip. Due to its health properties, rosehip oil is now added to some organic shampoos worldwide.
These are just seven of the numerous benefits of using organic rosehip oil on your body. You may even be surprised that such a simple oil extract from a rose flower can do a lot of things. In fact, if you check online, you will see how many more rosehip oil uses there are based on bloggers and beauty experts.
How to Use Rosehip Oil
After knowing its benefits, you may be pretty excited to know more about rosehip oil. Of course, you don’t just go picking roses and trying to extract juices. There are various ways on how to use rosehip oil. Below are just a few tips and guidelines:
• It is worth noting that the shelf life of rosehip oil is very short. As a result, most makers include vitamin E oil to extend its shelf life. In addition, you should remember that rosehip oil dries quickly, which means it is ideal to apply on the face using gentle, massaging motions.
• Indeed, rosehip oil can be applied to the face and skin several times a day, but it should be clear that it does not protect from sunburn. So if you are planning to go out on a clear, sunny day, a layer of rosehip oil is not enough.
• Another reminder for interested users is how rosehip oil should be applied on the face to solve acne problems. While it can clear blemishes and dark spots, it is not advised to apply rosehip oil directly on acne or a pimple.
• As quick-dry oil, rosehip is not recommended for people who have oily skin. The oil from the individual skin may just mix with rosehip, and cause pore clogging, leading to more acne flare-ups.
Get Rosehip Oil Now
After reading all of the benefits and positive effects that rosehip oil promises, you’re probably excited to see and try it yourself. So the next question is ‘where to buy rosehip oil?’
Fortunately, this oil extract is available both on online and physical stores – you just have to look for a reputable manufacturer. However, if you are located in Australia, there is a trusted brand that you may want to check out.
Kosmea is a company based in South Australia that aims to produce all natural items and products for its consumers. For more than two decades, this company has researched about rosehip oil, and how to improve growing the roses and extracting the oil. So if you are looking for a manufacturer that actually knows what it is doing, then look no further. Kosmea’s Rosehip Oil is among its bestsellers, and for good reason – it delivers what it claims to do.
So if you have a problem with your skin, and you want to improve how it looks and feels, using rosehip oil is the natural way to do so.