For those who’ve always been on the lookout for great ingredients to include in their skincare routine, you may want to take a second look at Tea Tree Oil. It is considered a great ingredient that offers superior benefits in order to promote healthy skin.
Tea Tree Oil is extracted from a narrow-leaved paperbark also called Melaleuca Alternifolia which is well-known due to its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. Unlike other harsh ingredients that supposedly help in treating skin condition, this ingredient is considered a natural, gentle and effective option.
Since it has a lot of benefits to offer our skin, many products that contain this ingredient are also considered great alternatives as opposed to conventional treatments. It is known to treat certain conditions that affect the skin, hair and even the nails, not only that, it also helps improve your skin’s tone and texture through regular use.
Find out how Tea Tree Oil Benefits Your Skin
- Those suffering from dull or dry skin as well as eczema will certainly find this ingredient a soothing treatment as it helps minimise irritation and itching.
- Finally, we have another great ingredient that help address oily skin. Since tea tree contains antiseptic properties which helps regulate oil, products that contain pure tea tree will help control the oiliness on your skin.
- Those who are prone to itchy skin and inflammation will find the tea tree oil a great ingredient in soothing and relieving your skin from unnecessary discomfort caused by infection. It also helps to soothe swelling and redness.
- You can also keep it handy when you go to work or on outings where you’re prone to infections, wounds or cuts. Since it contains antibacterial properties it is considered effective in treating wounds, cuts and infections.
- Did you know you can also use it on your hair? Yes, tea tree also helps keep your hair healthy and your scalp dandruff-free.
- If you are suffering from acne problems then try this ingredient since it contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties to help treat and soothe acne and minimise acne scars. So, clear and smooth skin isn’t that hard to achieve.
- It is also said to relieve the discomfort you feel if you are suffering from psoriasis thanks to its antibacterial properties.
What Should You Do Before Using Tea Tree Oil?
Although it’s rare for people to encounter allergy with tea tree oil, it’s safer to do a patch test before you use it continuously especially when you have sensitive skin.
Keep in mind that it usually takes some time to treat certain skin conditions. If you find that products which contain it as an active ingredient are suitable for your skin, try using it continuously so or as part of your skincare routine to really find out how effective it is in treating and improving your skin condition.
If you feel that it didn’t help even after using it for quite some time or if you feel that your condition worsened, then don’t delay seeking help from a skincare professional.
Want to Try It Yourself?
Are you considering buying Tea Tree Oil or Products that contain this amazing ingredient? Try these products below on your next purchase with Love Thyself: