The skin is considered to be the largest organ in the body. This elastic and thick organ covers the entire body from the scalp, up to the soles of the feet. However, just like any part of the body, the skin can also become damaged or acquire sickness due to certain conditions. One of the most common skin problems is dry skin.
Dry skin takes place whenever the skin lacks moisture. Whenever this happens, the dry itchy skin becomes prone to irritation. There are also various changes in certain areas of the skin. The scalp becomes prone to dandruff, and the lips become chapped or cracked. Simply put, dry skin is certainly a nuisance that people would want to treat right away.
Here are some signs that you have dry skin:
• Skin that looks and feels rough
• Prone to scaling and flaking
• Cracks that may bleed
These are just some signs that your skin is getting dry. If you are experiencing any of these signs, you may already by looking for a remedy. But before going to the possible dry skin remedies, here are first some of the factors that can cause dry skin:
Dry weather makes the skin dry – that’s already a given. The warm temperature can take away the moisture from the skin, leaving it dry and sometimes even itchy. However, cold weather can also become a factor for dry skin. Under very cold climates, the some areas of the skin, particularly the lips, become dry. This eventually results to chapped or cracked lips.
Soaps that Get Moisture from the Skin
There are different variants of soap, and each one depends on the materials and substances included in manufacturing them. However, one popular option for consumers today are the anti-microbial soaps that usually get the moisture from the skin. When this happens, it leaves a ‘clean’ feel to the skin, but makes it dry.
Too much Rubbing
Moisture found on the skin can be wiped away with rigorous rubbing. In addition, excessive friction applied on the skin does not only make the skin dry, but also prone to irritation and inflammation.
If none of the above factors are responsible for making your skin dry, then perhaps it has something to do with your age. As people age, the skin becomes less functional in storing moisture. Age also causes the skin to become thinner and parched. One solution is to rub a moisturiser for the dry skin every morning.
Finally, a person may experience dry skin if he or she is suffering from a particular or several skin conditions. Usually, these conditions do not only result in dry skin, but also skin that is scaly and red. Depending on the symptoms, it could be a form of dermatitis, psoriasis, or other skin conditions. Other illnesses such as diabetes and thyroid gland problems may also cause dryness of the skin.
These are just some of the reasons people experience dry skin. If any of these things bother you, then you can expect to suffer from dry skin every once in a while. Unfortunately, it is not easy to cope with dry skin. Aside from the fact that it can be bothersome, it may also be painful as well.
Remedies to Dry Skin
Thankfully, you won’t have to deal with dry skin all by yourself. Whether you are looking for dry skin treatment, or something stronger like eczema treatment then you have come to the right place. Just keep on reading to know the different remedies and treatments for dry skin.
Most people are not aware how they can prevent and treat dry skin. Most of them ignore the condition initially, until it becomes worse. By this time, they will begin to ask what to use for dry skin. There are various ways to treat dry skin, and alleviate the pain and itchiness it causes. Here are some ways:
• Lower shower temperature – Whether you are from work or you just woke up, nothing beats a hot shower early in the morning or late at night. While warm water may help in soothing the nerves, hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils and nutrients, which keep it hydrated. So if you are longing for a hot shower, you may dial down the temperature several degrees.
• Use organic or natural lotions and oils – Using lotions and oils help in moisturising and hydrating the skin, especially during dry, humid weather. However, just a word of caution: make sure what you’re using is made of organic materials and ingredients.
• Shave after showering – One of the main causes of skin irritation especially among men is shaving. Skin experts suggest that you shave after showering when your facial hair is softer and easier to clean.
• Apply skin moisturisers – If you often have problems with dry skin, then applying skin moisturisers at the start of the day may not be enough. You may revitalize and rehydrate your skin throughout the day during quick breaks.
• Prevent extensive rubbing and friction between the skin – Some people like to rub their skin vigorously especially after showering. Unfortunately, doing this may take away the natural moisture that the skin needs to keep it from drying up.
• Track the level of humidity in your surrounding area – Simply put, humidity is the level of the presence of water in the air, in a particular area. You may invest on a humidity meter, called a hygrometer. This way, you may be able to track the level of humidity in a given place, such as a room, and find ways to keep it at 50%.
• Avoid direct exposure to sunlight – One of the most common reasons for dry skin is direct exposure to sunlight. Exposure to sunlight does not only make the skin, but also makes it itchy and easily irritated. Obviously, one way to prevent this from happening is by covering up. Use anything that can shield you from the UV rays of the sun. You may use a cap, umbrella, a piece of cloth, etc.
Taking note and carrying out these steps can greatly help in preventing and treating dry skin. However, if you are searching for an organic, safe and easy option, you better check out some organic items in the market today. One of those items include
One of the leading products today for dry skin treatment includes COMVITA Natural Skintensive Cream 95g. It is a hydrating cream that can bring back the lost moisture from your skin, preventing further loss of nutrients that make it even drier. Derived from manuka honey, this product can nourish even the driest and most sensitive skin. This means the cream is fit to be used by both young and old consumers.
The COMVITA Natural Skintensive Cream is made out of all organic materials, making it ideal and fit to use by anybody. It does not contain any substances that could lead to irritation and other problems. To anyone who is suffering from dry skin, this cream can work wonders the moment you try it.
On the other hand, if you think your dry skin is caused by other skin conditions such as eczema, here is another option for you. The COMVITA Medihoney® Natural Eczema Cream 50g is specially designed not just to combat the day-to-day wear and tear of the skin. It also deals with more specific symptoms and conditions such as itchiness, redness and irritation.
Using COMVITA’s Skintensive Cream and Natural Eczema Cream is simple and easy. Make sure to shower first to get rid of the dirt from your body. Take note that dirt particles can sometimes block skin pores, where moisture and skin oils are transferred to moisturise the skin.
After showering, apply any of the two creams based on what you need. Apply a small amount in your hand, and rub it gently on your skin in small circular motions. This ensures that the cream gets through your skin to do its function. You do not have to worry about COMVITA’s creams because they are made from 100% pure organic materials. Here are some of their natural ingredients to name a few:
• Cocos nucifera (coconut oil)
• Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil
• Seed butter
• Acacia decurrens/jojoba/sunflower seed cera/polyglyceryl-3 esters
• Shea butter
• Hydrogenated vegetable oil
These are just a few of the many natural ingredients found in COMVITA’s Skintensive and Eczema creams. Coming from a manufacturer with over 40 years of experience, you can be sure they won’t destroy their brand with a substandard and low quality product.
If you often experience dry, itchy, and irritated skin, there is a solution. If you are interested in getting any of these two anti-dry skin creams, just visit Love Thyself. Love Thyself is an online store based in Australia that provides only natural and organic products for its consumers.