Chapped lips are real-life problems, especially women who value the appearance of their lips more than men. It may be caused by the weather or humidity, or it may be the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. Whatever the case may be women would definitely agree that chapped lips should be prevented, or in some situations treated so they won’t get worse.
So what are the possible solutions? Here is a short list of things that people normally do whenever they experience chapped lips. Unfortunately, the problem is that these do not actually solve the issue, but make it worse:
• Licking of the lips – Most people lick their lips thinking that it is the easiest and fastest way to solve chapped or dry lips. Obviously, because saliva is liquid, it would immediate wet your lips and you will be left thinking that it worked. Unfortunately, saliva is for digestion, which means it would evaporate faster, leaving your lips drier.
• Wearing dry, long-wear lipsticks – Another common misconception in solving chapped lips is by wearing dry and long-wear lipsticks. These lipsticks usually last for several hours, although they would just make sure your lip drier.
• Lip picking – Some people have the bad habit of picking their lip once it becomes too dry that it’s flaking. Lip picking is not only unhygienic, but may also cause infection and bleeding.
Do these habits look familiar to you? If you often do any of these things whenever your lip becomes chapped or flaky, then you have to stop now.
Some of the possible solutions to chapped lips include drinking water or eating sugar-rich foods, although these are minor steps to actually solve the problem.
‘So what should I do to solve the problem? Oh, I’ll use a lip balm instead.’
It is important to point out that while lip balms can help, they may do more harm than good in the long run if you’re not careful. Most lip balms in the market today contain harmful chemicals and artificial substances that aim to soften the lips and attract moisture to prevent it from chapping. Unfortunately, prolonged exposure to these substances may lead to infection and damage to the lips.
‘But I only apply a few times a day. Is that bad?’
Health experts claim that the problem with artificial lip balms is that their effect typically lasts for just over an hour. This is due to the fact that they contain alcohol, which is faster to evaporate than most liquids. As a result, the effect of the balm is shortened because the moisture escapes.
Once the effect subsides, the person would eventually feel that her lips are becoming dry again, and take out the lip balm to apply another coat. This continuous use of artificial chemicals on your lips might result in painful consequences in the long run. So basically, a ‘few’ times a day is actually more than a dozen times a day.
Most lip balms have humectants such as glycerin and hyaluronic acid, which are non-toxic substances that gather moisture from the surroundings. Once the lip balm is applied, these humectants aim to focus all the moisture in the area on the lips, making them moisturised and soft. However, the effect of humectants is not lasting, and so you can’t rely on this substance alone.
‘So what do I do now?’
Fortunately, recent innovations have yielded a much safer alternative – a natural lip balm.
Does organic lip balm exist?
Any product can be labeled as ‘organic’ as long as it does not contain harmful chemicals or any artificial substances from its manufacturing process up to distribution. Simply put, a product that is organic means it is derived straight from nature.
That is exactly what Burt’s Bees lip balm is. It is a lip balm that can provide moisture to chapped and dry lips, without all the harmful substances that other lip balms contain. Among its main ingredients is beeswax, which is readily available from nature. The company ensures that only organic substances are used in its beehive farms to prevent any chemical from getting into the beeswax.
Like other lip balms, Burt’s Bees products have humectants that make the lip moisturised. However in addition these products also have occlusive agents, which reduce moisture loss by creating a physical barrier between the lip and the air. As a result, the humectants gather moisture while the occlusive agents trap the moisture, leading to a lasting effect.
That is why it is not surprising that Burt’s Bees honey lip balm lasts up to four hours without the need to reapply during that period of time. That’s almost four times the effect of other lip balms with the same or slightly cheaper price tag.
5 reasons to use Burt’s Bees lip balm set
In case you are still doubtful whether this natural lip balm is the best option available right now, here are five notable reasons why this product simply rocks:
1. Cheap price tag –This business has a wide range of products from beauty choices, to hygiene products. One common denominator on all of these items is that they are relatively cheaper compared to other competing brands. For instance, its lip balm that is 100 percent all natural only cost roughly $4.
2. It contains additional helpful substances – In addition to humectants and occlusive agents, Burt’s Bees lip balm products also boast other substances that can be helpful to the lips. These include seed and vegetable oils, rosemary leaf extract, peppermint, and soybean. All of these additional substances provide a holistic treatment to the lips that not only makes it moisturised, but healthy as well. Rosemary and peppermint help in giving the lip balm a nice, menthol feeling whenever it is applied.
3. It has a very long lasting effect – Compared to other brands in the market, Burt’s Bees lip balm boasts results that are lasting. So instead of applying lip balm more than a dozen times a day, you can do it for just 4 to 5 times max. This lasting effect is the result of the similar proportion between humectants and occlusive agents, which work hand-in-hand to preserve moisture on the lips.
4. It is made up of entirely organic ingredients – As mentioned earlier, most lip care products in the market today contain harmful chemicals. In fact, some users claim that they have become addicted to the use of such products, leading some of them to suspect that addictive ingredients are included in the items.
5. It is a trusted brand in the lip balm industry – Burt’s Bees begun manufacturing lip balm, lip gloss and other lip care products in the 1990’s, which makes them among the pioneers in the industry. Since then, it has cemented its reputation as a trusted source of health care and hygiene products made from beeswax.
You can’t go wrong with Burt’s Bees because they have been working with lip balm products for more than 20 years. With this vast amount of experience and expertise, you can only expect the best from this company, and they just keep getting better by the year.
Where to buy Burt’s Bees lip balm?
You may now be interested in trying out this lip balm and see for yourself whether it can solve your chapped lip problems or not. The question now is where you should look or purchase one.
There are various physical and online stores today that readily have Burt’s Bees products in stock. However, because of the product line’s immense popularity, you may have to inquire ahead of time or even make reservations just to get one.
When searching for a dealer or store, make sure it is a reputable one. Find one that has a social media page so you can check out what other consumers are saying about them. Do not be in a hurry while you are making your decision because you have to make an unbiased choice in the end. Once you’re done, check out their site and order Burt’s Bees lip balm for you.
Achieve moisturised and soft lips with Burt’s Bees
Indeed, Burt’s Bees lip balm has helped thousands of women, and even men, who want to solve all of their chapped lip woes. For almost 20 years, it has become a household name in the industry and so if you’re searching for a reliable solution, do not forget to check out their website and discover what organic products can do for you.
However, just a word of caution: the popularity of Burt’s Bees products have pushed other companies to launch imitations that aim to taint the business’ reputation through the years. In light with this, make sure to deal with certified sellers and retailers.
One reputable source of health care products is Love Thyself. This online retailer boasts its reputation in ensuring the quality of its services and customer assistance. Visit their website and contact them right away for more details about the products they offer.