Did you get to celebrate World Chocolate Day? How about celebrating it while indulging yourself with our delicious chocolates that is made from quality organic ingredients? Sure there may be plenty of options at the supermarket but nothing beats chocolates that contain only safe and good ingredients and no artificial additives that could be bad for your health. Don’t you agree? Eating chocolates, specifically dark chocolates, is a great way to relieve yourself from stress and lifts your mood up instantly. Want to know more about the benefits? Here are some of the benefits of chocolates that will surely brighten up your day!
Health Benefits of Chocolates
1. Keeps your heart healthy and reduce chances of heart disease. This is especially true if you indulge yourself with dark chocolates. Dark chocolates contribute to a healthy heart, it is said to contain antioxidants specifically Flavanols. It is also important to note that eating chocolates in moderation helps protect the heart and artery walls as well as lower your cholesterol and blood pressure. Since dark chocolate contains compounds that are found to prevent oxidation of bad cholesterol or LDL.
2. Helps boost your immune system. Since it contains a healthy dose of anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, it is said to help boost your immune system. It’s also nutritious since it contains soluble fibre and packed with minerals that our body needs.
3. Supports healthy brain functions. According to some studies, dark chocolates helps increase your blood flow to certain brain areas which results in increased focus and performance as well as improve your memory. There had been studies that have shown cocoa may help improve cognitive function in elderly people suffering from mental deficiency.
4. Helps curb unnecessary cravings. Wow, isn’t it amazing that you get to treat yourself with delicious quality chocolates and still have the opportunity to curb unnecessary cravings? Those that contain 70% cocoa is an effective and natural way to deal with unnecessary cravings as it contains a rich amount of monounsaturated fatty acids.
5. It helps protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays. Dark chocolate contains Flavanols which are found to be good for your skin since it provides protection against skin damage, improves hydration as well as skin density.
Your Take Away
Consuming too much chocolates isn’t healthy either, especially if they’re not the dark ones. It still contains calories and eating too much is definitely not recommended and healthy. There are a lot of types in the market that contain artificial additives and you should be avoiding those. Go for a healthy indulgence by choosing chocolates that contain only quality and healthy ingredients.
If you’re up for some healthy snacks, here’s our list of recommended Organic Chocolates that not only tastes delicious but are good for your overall health.
Indulge with these Yummy Organic Chocolate Snacks
Organic Times Dark Chocolate Almonds
Alter Eco Black Truffles
Organic Times Milk Chocolate Hazelnuts
Organic Times Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nuts