Matcha comes in a form of green tea powder and has appear in various publications and media worldwide for it’s health benefits and asserted by Dr Oz as a powerful method to lose weight. It holds 137 times the anti-oxidants of a usual brewed green tea and has turned into one of the biggest health fad of 2015. This post will attempt to respond to the question “Does Matcha green tea helps you lose weight or or it promotes fat loss?”
What makes Matcha unique and prominent from the regular green tea? Contrary to other green teas, Matcha’s preparation is greatly distinctive and rare. Below is the amount of antioxidants in Matcha compared to regular superfoods:
- It has 6 times more than Goji Berries
- It has 7 times more than Dark Chocolate
- 17 times more than Blueberries
- 80 times more than Spinach
- AND 137 times more than regular green tea.
Another thing that makes it distinctive compare to other green tea is when you drink a cup of matcha green tea it has the same amount of nutrients that you get from 10 cups of regular green tea. It is ground into a fine green tea powder so when you drink a cup of matcha green tea you ingest the whole leaves and absorb more nutrients and antioxidants that are needed for weight loss.
10 Specific Ways Matcha Aids Weight Loss
- Thermogenesis – The EGCG in matcha can increase your fat burning capabilities by 35 -43%.
- Boost Metabolism – Studies shows that catechins from green tea interact with various enzymes and in many metabolic processes in the body that boost body metabolism as a whole.
- Detoxifier – It is extremely rich with chloropyll – a natural detoxifier that cleanses out the high accumulation of body toxins, boost metabolism and aids in losing weight.
- Boost Energy – The natural caffeine and L-theanine in Matcha create a calm sustainable energy and alertness which last 4-6 hours.
- Reduces LDL and cholesterol oxidation – EGCG also reduces blood cholesterol levels, inhibiting LDL oxidation and reduces heart diseases.
- Enhances Fat Burning – Scientists have shown that green tea actually increases fat burning by approximately 17%.
- Packed with EGCG’s – Matcha contains the antioxidant, EGCG, 137 x higher than regular green tea.
- Contains Caffeine – Caffeine in matcha can aid weight loss by increasing energy levels and acting as a duretic.
- Super Low in Calories – Matcha powder contains only 5.4 calories per 2g serving of tea.
- Stress Reduction Helps Weight Loss – Matcha is a natural mood enhancer due to the high levels of L-Theanine which also reduces stress.
Matcha is not magic but it can help you lose weight. And can be a great addition to your weight loss goals. With a healthy diet and proper exercise you’ll get good results!
Souce: Kenko Tea