Essential oils have been used for skin, health and medicinal purposes for thousands of years by different cultures. This is probably due to the vast benefits of essential oils including aromatherapy, personal beauty care, household cleaning and medicinal treatment. There is something quite special about them that people can’t resist. Especially with aromatherapy oils that are pretty helpful when your body feels stressed and you need a natural solution to relax your mind and body.
What are Organic Essential Oils?
Organic essential oils are highly-concentrated and non-water soluble substances distilled from various plant parts as well as herbs such as resin, root, leaves, peels and flowers. During the ancient times, people used to soak different parts of plants in oil and filter the extract and oil using a linen bag. Just a single drop of it provides lots of natural skin and health benefits. It is considered a very effective ancient natural technique which is why it has risen to popularity once again. We need to keep in mind though that the use of organic essential oils needs to be as little as possible as they are highly concentrated. Nowadays, the distillation process is quite different from the past and consuming more may have an adverse effect on the environment as this will require the use of more plant materials.
Are Essential Oils Therapeutic?
Organic essential oils are made up of very small molecules, unlike fatty oils that are typically made up of large molecules. That is why they can effectively penetrate the skin, even the blood-brain barrier and provide therapeutic relief. These are needed when one seeks aromatherapy. Aromatherapy oils are then used as an alternative treatment in order to provide relief from stress, anxiety, pain management, depression, sore muscles or joints, even symptoms of cancer and other conditions.
What are the Top Essential Oils for Your Health?
Consumers utilise aromatherapy oils because of their health benefits. There are various oils that you can choose depending on your needs and preference. If you’re looking to purchase several then you can opt to purchase an essential oil box to store them appropriately. Here are some of the most popular essential oils that are available in the market.
Lavender – Is best for relaxation, sleep, improving one’s mood as well as healing cuts and burns.
Peppermint – Is best for boosting one’s energy and focus, supports digestion, as well as relief from headaches, muscle pain and fever.
Eucalyptus – It is a suitable relief for a condition such as respiratory problems, cough, colds, flu, allergies, sinusitis and bronchitis as well as good in purifying the body, hair nourishment, odour remover, spot remover, air cleaner and hand cleaner.
Frankincense – It is suitable for conditions such as anxiety, stress and inflammation as well as boosts the immune system, astringent or disinfectant to ward off colds, flu, germs and bacteria, prevents premature signs of ageing, heals the skin and balances hormone levels as well as combat cancer or relief from side effects of chemotherapy.
Grapefruit – Is helpful in supporting one’s metabolism, supports weight loss, curbs sugar cravings, decrease fluid retention, reduces depression, disinfecting and cleansing as well as stimulates the immune system.
Lemon – It is helpful in detoxifying and purifying the body from harmful toxins, supports healthy digestion, provides relief from a cough, prevents malabsorption, supports weight loss, calms stomach aches, relieves nausea, nourishes the skin and supports healthy oral health as well as can suitable for homemade cleaning products.
Rose – Is suitable for promoting healthy glowing skin, improving depression, improving libido as well as hormone health.
Tea Tree– It contains anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, which help treat acne, psoriasis, eczema bad odour, infections, cuts as well as stimulates the immune system. It is also great for homemade cleaning products.
Rosemary – It helps in improving one’s memory and focus, relieves muscle aches and pain, improves hair growth and thickness as well as supports gallbladder function and liver detoxification.
Clove – It is antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-parasitic, that’s why it’s very helpful for eliminating acne. It also helps improve blood circulation, boosts energy, kills parasites, kills mould and fungus and reduces gum diseases.
Sandalwood – Is suitable for supporting relaxation, mental clarity, improving memory, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, helps improve libido as well as reduces ageing.
Cypress – It offers several benefits including the healing of wounds, broken bones and infections, aids in muscle pulls and cramps, promotes blood clotting, supports detoxification, supports respiratory conditions, anxiety relief, improves circulation, confidence booster and treats cellulite and varicose veins.
Citronella – It is very helpful in naturally repelling insects especially mosquitos, fights fungi and bacteria, promotes relaxation, muscle pain relief, reduces inflammation and fights free radicals.
How to Apply Organic Essential Oils Safely?
Essential oils can be applied in several ways; however, you must take proper caution as it is highly concentrated. Here are the some of the common ways of application.
- It can be applied topically. – A diluted amount of the oil can be applied directly to skin as it can penetrate your skin and can reach into the bloodstream as well as throughout other internal parts of the body. But it is highly recommended though to utilise carrier oil such as almond oil or coconut oil and add a diluted amount of your preferred essential oil into the carrier oil since it is highly concentrated. It is not advisable to apply undiluted oil directly as this may cause severe irritation or allergic reaction to people. You can use 3% to 5% or 3 to 5 drops of essential oil per 1 tsp of carrier oil.
- It can be applied through Aromatherapy. – The use of an essential oil diffuser Australia is recommended for Aromatherapy. Studies have proven that the health benefits of essential oils can be absorbed into our bloodstream once we inhale the scent of the oil. The aroma is circulated throughout the body as our blood vessels assist in absorbing it from the lungs. You can have several scents depending on your purpose and organise them into an essential oil box for proper storage.
- It can be ingested into the body. – Since essential oils are powerful and highly concentrated, it must be taken into careful consideration before ingested. Not all can be ingested into the system and may have detrimental effects when taken especially in large amounts. You’ll need to choose the ones that are safe to ingest for example, lemon, frankincense and peppermint along with water promotes many internal health advantages. Some oil like oregano or clove must be diluted beforehand and shouldn’t be ingested into the body for more than a week.
- It can be made into homemade personal care products. – If you’re the type who’d rather prepare your own homemade personal care products then you will definitely enjoy creating your own products to improve your beauty as well as overall health.
What are the Common Uses of Essential Oils?
There are tons of ways that you can use essential oils. If you’re looking for some ideas, here are some common uses of essential oils that you definitely need to try at home in order to take full advantage of its health benefits.
As Health Remedies
- Relief for a headache, migraine, cough, colds, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory sicknesses.
- Treatment for burns, bruises, broken bones, sore feet, allergies, premenstrual syndrome, muscle pain, sunburn, blisters, arthritis, ringworm, lice and fever.
- Boosts energy, supports weight loss, improves circulation, digestion and concentration and boosts the immune system.
As Skin and Beauty Remedies
- It helps treat or reduce acne, cellulite, bad breathe, wrinkles, age spots, stretch marks, cracked feet, thinning hair, thin nails, itchy scalp and dandruff.
- It can be used in homemade products such as natural perfume, shampoo, deodorant, body scrub, body spray, toothpaste, skin toner, teeth whitener and conditioner.
For Relaxation and Spa Treatment
- It supports relaxation, improves sleep, promotes calmness, stress and anxiety relief and detoxification.
- It can be used in homemade products such as lip balm, detox bath, sauna therapy, foot bath and body lotion.
For Home and Cleaning Uses
- It can be used as an all-purpose cleaner, homemade air cleaner, natural mosquito, pests or bug repellent, homemade sunscreen, scrub, sunscreen, eliminating mold, bathtub scrub, home, car, carpet, bathroom, trash can and shoe freshener, homemade dishwashing cleaner, first aid kit, and present for bridal shower or baby shower.
- It can also be used in baking cakes and flavoured water like a lemon for delicious flavour.
Now you can start exploring the benefits of essential oils yourself, however, you’ll need to make certain that you’re purchasing high quality pure organic essential oils in order to benefit from its medicinal and healing benefits.
If you check out our catalogue of Aromatherapy oils or organic essential oils you’ll notice that Love Thyself only offers pure high-quality products that you can be used for its health or skin benefits either at home or at work.
These products are truly effective and very convenient as they can be easily carried in your purse wherever you go. Simply choose the oil that suits your needs or choose more than one in order for you to explore all the health and skin benefits of the most commonly used essential oils.
Feel free to call us now if you have any questions and we’ll be happy to answer all your inquiries.