How often do you downplay stress and anxiety in your life? More often I imagine. Don’t be surprised because you are definitely not alone in this. People tend to downplay the effects of stress and anxiety and unfortunately, do nothing to relieve it.
That’s why I wanted to talk to you about the importance of detox in reducing stress and anxiety. As a firm believer of natural and organic products, we at Love Thyself trust that the process of detoxification can offer a positive impact in reducing stress and anxiety.
Just imagine that your body is a boat with a small hole that serves as all the stress we encounter on a daily basis. If we keep eating food that are packed with toxic ingredients or expose our bodies to pollution and free radicals without detoxifying, the leak will continue to get bigger. Your body, like the boat, will eventually sink because it’ll be filled up with water.
However, if we stuff our bodies with good and healthy foods as well as products that contain only natural and organic ingredients, definitely no nasties, then we get to release these unnecessary toxic wastes from our system. This is why detoxifying is so important in keeping your body or system in good and healthy shape.
Simple Ways to Detoxify Your Body
- Drink lots of water. Keeping yourself hydrated helps keep stress and anxiety at bay. Since we lose water constantly through sweat and urine, it is logical to drink lots of water. Now, how much water should you drink daily? That’s a good question and what’s recommended is the 8×8 rule, which means you’ll need to drink at least 8 8 ounce glasses every day.
- Exercise regularly. It may be hard to exercise regularly if you’re on the go. However, exercising is considered a natural solution for anxiety and stress which is why it’s so important to make this a top priority in your life.
- Eat a nutrient dense diet. Our body requires good food in order to support optimal health and bodily functions. That’s why eating food that contains vitamins, healthy or natural fat, trace minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes and amino acids gives your brain the support it needs to handle anxiety as well as stress better.
- Avoid sugar as much as possible. If you love sweets, you should know that it contributes to stress as it is also detrimental to your nervous system. Natural sugar from fruits are absolutely fine, however, processed sugar should be avoided whenever you get the chance.
- Meditate whenever you get the chance. When you meditate you gain peace of mind which helps relieve stress, worry and anxiety. Meditation also helps your mind and body to relax and forget your worries. Like exercise, you only need time to do this regularly; the good news is that you can do it conveniently at any point during your day.
- Add more fat into your diet. What I meant by fat, are food that aren’t processed or those that don’t come inside cans or sealed plastic bags. You may think that eating fat makes you fat as well but this isn’t really the case. You need eat unprocessed fat that come from natural sources such as coconut oil, avocado, nuts or seeds, fat yoghurt or whole fat milk. Adding natural fat into your day-to-day diet will help reduce anxiety and stress drastically.
Stress can have a negative impact to our health. Following these simple ways to detoxify your body will greatly improve your body’s reaction in dealing with stressful situations. If you want to know our natural products that help in detoxifying the body, here’s our selection of natural and organic supplements to provide you with the nutrients you’ll need to combat stress.