Teeth are among the most important parts of the body when it comes to food intake, and without them it would be difficult for the digestive system to break down everything you eat. However, teeth also have their aesthetic value especially when a person is smiling or laughing.
Unfortunately when teeth have lost their original ‘pearly white’ colour, it not only affects your smile, but also makes you wary about your dental health.
Teeth discolouration happens due to a variety of reasons, and while you may not experience all of these factors, just one is enough to gradually change your teeth’s hue.
- Food and drinks – There are a lot of food particles and drinks that contribute to eventual teeth discoloration. Dark-
coloured foods and treats like chocolates and some forms of candies can leave a stain that cannot be easily brushed away. In addition, caffeinated drinks like coffee and soda drinks can also leave stains that slowly affect your teeth’s color.
- Smoking or tobacco use – The nicotine that is present in cigarettes contributes to the yellowing of teeth among heavy smokers. If these people also drink alcoholic beverages regularly, it would just add to teeth discoloration.
- Poor dental hygiene – One of the most common but neglected reasons why people suffer from teeth discoloration is because they have poor dental hygiene. Most dental experts recommend that an individual should brush his teeth at least after every meal. When teeth are not regularly cleaned and maintained by brushing and flossing, tartar buildup may lead to enamel damage and cause irreversible teeth coloring. The only way to solve this is by taking away the discoloured portion and filling it.
- Old age – The condition of teeth among elderly people eventually deteriorates and they lose colour. Fortunately, quality and proven teeth whitening products can solve this type of problem.
- Inherited genes – In rare cases, it is the genes that may have dictated that a person’s teeth should be off-white or even light yellow. In such situations, trying teeth whitening kits and products is an option, although positive results are not guaranteed.
As you can see, most of these factors and reasons are very difficult to avoid. So the question now is how do you bring back your teeth’s dazzling white smile? It is pretty easy actually, although you have to be patient.
If you are not satisfied with the current shade of white of your teeth, you have the option to get teeth whitening. You have to remember that there are generally two types of teeth whitening procedures. The first one can be done with the help of a dentist in his or her clinic, while the other one only needs a teeth whitening kit.
Professional teeth whitening
Also called ‘chairside bleaching’, this procedure is done primarily inside the dental clinic by a licensed dentist. This procedure is said to be more efficient compared to other options although a bit more expensive.
This type of teeth whitening usually takes an hour or so to be completed, and even after completion the patient will need to apply home bleaching gels on their teeth twice or thrice every week.
Unfortunately, potential risks about the effects of the heat from the chairside lights have been brought to the forefront. There have been some apprehensions on their harmful effects on the pulpal tissues inside the mouth.
This means professional options are not only expensive, amounting to hundreds or even thousands of dollars, they also pose health risks.
TEETH WHITENING SOLUTION AT HOME
If you think professional teeth whitening procedures are expensive, or if you want to do it by yourself, there are several cheaper options for you as well.
Most effective teeth whitening products have strips that contain substances which react to the enamel of the teeth, clearing away stains and other discolouration agents. One popular substance is called hydrogen peroxide and is known as an effective cleansing agent. If you are in search of easier and cheaper ways, there various affordable options which deliver immediate results.
If you are looking for a Teeth Whitener, but you want something you can use on your own at home, then here are your choices under $100.
- Whitening toothpastes – There are various whitening toothpastes in the market that can help you get the white
teeth you’ve always dreamed of. The great thing about toothpastes is that they can serve two purposes – cleaning and bleaching of the teeth. Some popular products include Colgate’s Optic White and Advanced Whitening, as well as White Luxe from Crest 3D, and the Antiplaque & Whitening from Tom’s of Maine. All of these products do not
even cost $10, and are good alternatives for teeth whitening.
- Whitening strips – Among the most popular choices nowadays are whitening strips that are attached to the teeth
for several minutes. Their effects are not lasting, although you will definitely see immediate results. The most popular ones in the market today include Crest 3D’s White Professional Effects and Classic Vivid and Dissolving Tooth Whitening Strips from Rapid White among others. There are also other options you can find over the Internet if you have the time for research.
- Whitening kits – Whitening kits usually contain gels, pastes, and other tools you need to whiten your teeth like a professional. These products are perhaps the closest one can get to a professional teeth whitening procedure. Some popular whitening kits below $100 include iWhite Pure Professional, Diamond Whites Home Whitening Kit, and Pure White Whitening Treatment from Pearl Drops.
- Activated charcoal – This may be something new to some people, but activated charcoal is becoming more popular nowadays. In the past, it was only used in treating poisons and drug overdose, but now activated charcoal can be used in whitening teeth. Warpaint Teeth Whitener is the best option if you are looking for an activated charcoal whitener.
WHY IS ACTIVATED CHARCOAL BETTER THAN THE REST?
While all of the previous options are good at teeth whitening, there are a number of reasons why Warpaint is considered the best at home teeth whitening.
- It is a natural and harmless way to whiten teeth. Unlike whitening strips and other modes that may cause oversensitivity over time, using activated charcoal or carbon does not have such side effects. Another great thing is that it is made from 100% natural materials and is 100% vegan.
- It uses activated charcoal. For people who are not familiar with this type of charcoal, it is often used in taking away poisons and other chemical substances from the body. It does this by binding with the said substances so that they cannot cause any harm to the digestive tract. When you brush it on your teeth, it also binds with the stains and other discoloration agents that have accumulated on your teeth over time.
- It can help whiten teeth no matter how bad your teeth discoloration is. No matter how bad the teeth discoloration is, you can be sure that it can slowly be solved using activated charcoal. However, the only stained teeth that cannot be affected by this paste are the ones caused by antibiotics or some forms of illness.
- It takes away other substances as well for added cleansing. Most people recommend using activated charcoal at least a couple of times a week because it helps in taking away food particles that stick to the teeth’s surface.
- It also provides healthier gums and mouth. Using activated charcoal on your teeth and tongue can also result in the improved health of your mouth.
- It promotes fresher breath. Once the teeth whitener takes away the stuck food particles that contribute to bad breath, you will notice that you are slowly developing a fresher breath.
Activated charcoal is indeed a rather novel but effective alternative for teeth whitening. While you will need to cover your teeth with black paste and substance until you look like a zombie, the charcoal incredibly washes away easily. When it does, it only leaves a brighter shade of white.
In addition, some people who used activated charcoal, particularly Warpaint claim that they also feel that their teeth’s surface is smoother compared to before they used the product.