Do you have a very fair, but dull-looking skin? Do you want to visit the beach to get a nice tan, but there is simply not enough time to fit your busy schedule? If your answer to both questions is a yes, then here is a possible solution.
Have you ever heard of a fake tan? Yes, it is a kind of tan that is not the result of a sunburnt skin, but a colored lotion. It is easily applied on the skin after a bath or after applying moisturizer, and then allow it to give you a nice tan.
Most fake tans have various color shades depending on the preference of their consumers. So whether you want a slightly noticeable tan, or something that will get the attention of your family and friends, it is up to you.
However, before you make that move of getting a faux tan, you may want to consider some of the possible risks:
- Chemical-based fake tans may lead to skin diseases – Most, if not all chemical-based tanners have DHA or dihydroxyacetone. This is the component that reacts with dead cells on the top layer of the skin, which eventually results in the tanned look. While this has been considered safe in the past, recent research has linked it to some conditions.
- Inhalation of chemical tans may cause cancer – One popular way to apply fake tan nowadays is to through spray. This is because fake tan sprays tend to apply an even coating, and they cover all the parts of the body easily. Unfortunately, sprayed tanners contain aerosol and DHA as previously mentioned. These may pose risks to the body, particularly cancer.
- Tans with synthetic ingredients may cause irritation and allergies – Chemical tans may not be good for some skin types, especially those that are sensitive. Due to the different synthetic ingredients in fake lotions, do not be surprised if it causes allergies or other skin-related side effects.
These are just a few of the many risks of using a fake tanning lotion or spray. But if these options are not safe, then how can you get your bronze glow now? Fortunately, more manufacturers are becoming responsible when creating products. Instead of using chemicals and artificial substances, there are some companies that are now using all-natural ingredients to come up with their tanning creams and lotions.
The organic fake tan
The perfect way to achieve a fake tan without the health risks mentioned above is to avail of an organic self tanner. Any product can be considered organic if most or all of its processes leading to the final product were done without using any synthetic substances or ingredients.
What’s great about a natural made tanner is that it offers the same benefits as a chemical-based one, but without the unnecessary risks. You can continue using the product without worrying about your health.
If you are searching for a product that does just that, then check out Eco Tan. Eco Tan is manufactured in Australia, and is among the top choices as a tanning cream or lotion. Eco Tan prides itself in creating 100 percent natural options for individuals who prefer faux tan than the actual tan that is caused by sunburn.
Here are some of the contents of Eco Tan Invisible Tan, which is one of the manufacturer’s
- Aloe vera
- Geranium oil
- Avocado oil
All these ingredients are 100 percent natural and do not contain any artificial colors and chemicals. This makes Eco Tan among the best choices for fake tanning, not only in Australia but across the world. In fact, in 2011, Eco Tan became the only fake tanning product that earned the certification from the Organic Food Chain, an Australian government agency responsible for approving and regulating products that are organic or vegan.
Also, Eco Tan was awarded with the Best Natural Fake Tan during the Natural Health International Beauty Awards last year.
Now that you are aware of the best fake tan in the world, you may be wondering what you can get from Eco Tan products. In addition to giving you your desired look, Eco Tan items can also provide a whole lot of other benefits.
Here are just some of these additional benefits:
- Helps in hiding wrinkles and blemishes – Through the years, Eco Tan has perfected the way in providing a natural-looking tan to the skin of its consumers. It is so effective that it can even temporarily hide any wrinkles or blemishes.
- Provides additional protection against UV rays – While most fake tans do not contain SPF levels for UV ray protection, Eco Tan does have it. As a result, it can serve as an additional barrier against sunburn. However, if you think you will be exposed to sunlight for longer periods of time, then you may have to apply an actual sunscreen lotion. Just make sure the Eco Tan has already dried up before applying any additional creams or lotions on top.
- Improves the overall health of the skin – Aside from doing its actual effect of changing the skin’s color, Eco Tan products also contain substances that can moisturize the skin. As a result, you will definitely see that your skin has not only changed color, but has become softer and more moisturized.
- Results are gradual but certain – Upon application of the fake tan, you won’t immediately see the results. Compared to other tans that have immediate effect, Eco Tan requires about 8 hours for the tanner to take effect. During this period of time, do not be worried that it would not work, and as a result apply more tanning cream. Eco Tan even recommends the tan to be applied at night before going to bed.
- Moisturizes the skin and prevents drying or dullness – Once the fake tan has been applied, it will slowly get absorbed by the skin, and result in a change of color. In addition, some additional substances found in Eco Tan can improve the moisture levels in your skin.
These are only five of the many benefits that your skin will get once you start using Eco Tan fake tan. It is also worth noting that Eco Tan has been accredited as ‘toxic free’ by the Safe Cosmetics Australia. Even PETA or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals in Australia approve of Eco Tan. This means that in all the levels and stages of production, the manufacturers did not harm any animals during the process.
How to use Eco Tan fake tan
While using a fake tan is very simple, performing other steps prior to application may help maximize its effects. Here is a short guide on how to use and apply Eco Tan faux tan items:
- Shave your skin and exfoliate several hours before application. This will ensure that the skin surface is clear of any minute debris that may cause problems during application.
- Apply the tan to your skin. Make sure it is clean, and it has dried completely. You wouldn’t want to make a mess applying the tan on your wet skin. The tan would not stick to the skin under such cases.
- Apply the tan in small circular motions. Doing this will make sure you are applying the tan evenly.
- Cover all areas of the body. Joints in areas such as the elbows, knees and even fingers tend to absorb more fake tan, so make sure apply only a small amount in these areas.
- Never apply the tan on your heels.
- Apply the tan by area or segments so you do not miss anything.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, or else your palm may not be able to apply the tan evenly in other parts of your body.
- Let the tan dry before going to bed, or doing other things. After getting the tan, make sure you allow it to be absorbed by the skin within several minutes.
- Before taking a shower, make sure you already have the tan for at least 8 hours. Eco Tan fake tan will show its ultimate results after 8 hours from the time of application. After this, that is when you can use other oils, creams, sunscreen, and other products on your skin.
As you may have observed, using Eco Tan is very easy, and you don’t have to worry that it won’t work. For the past several years, consumers have proven time and again that Eco Tan invisible tan can and will bring out the bronze beauty inside of you.
Where to buy Eco Tan items
Now that you are aware of Eco Tan and its benefits for the skin, you may probably be asking where to get one. Fortunately, there are various online sellers that offer Eco Tan items both here in Australia and abroad. One of these stores is Love Thyself, which only offers quality and top-notch organic items and products. Just call Love Thyself at (1300) 475 877 today, and get your very own Eco Tan products.